Sunday

Circuit Diagrams: A brief look at something I knew nothing about.

I know that it is very strange to write about something that is really new to you but i think that it is one of the best ways to get it into your head. Before i started working on this magazine project, or more importantly before i was placed in my group, I had a very rudimentary idea of what a circuit diagram was, that being exactly what the name suggests. But after being placed in my group and hearing the term come up quite often, I decided i should probably figure out more about its purpose.

picture was obtained from here
A circuit diagram is exactly what its name suggest. a diagram of a circuit. They are used to graphically show how all the different parts in a circuit are to connect. There is a very simple one (pictorial) that just shows pictures of the actual things that are being connected, this one takes up more space but is easier to comprehend. The second one (schematic) utilizes symbols, that have been agreed upon in some fashion and are used worldwide, to diagram the circuit fully. This being said, the symbolic one is a lot more daunting at first. Circuit diagrams do not show location though, they just show the connections an the easiest way to represent them graphically.

There is plenty more stuff that you can learn about circuit diagrams. I know i didn't include that much about circuit diagrams. I just included what i thought was important.
Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment